View Single Post
Old 02-02-2008, 11:59 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coffeebean View Post
Marla,

I did not have to root canal yesterday. Instead I took the information from the rsds.org website and the endodontist looked it over very carefully. He decided to reschedule the root canal so that I can take a sedative to calm the sympathetic system. Then he said he would make sure to keep it numb. However, I am nervous about a spread so I went to the grocery this morning and loaded up on what I gather is anti-inflammation foods. I plan to try this for the next three weeks, along with fish oil pills and cutting out all chocolate (oh boy this one hurts) so see if I can calm down the inflammation a bit.

The endodontist said I do not have an infection, just a very inflammed nerve. That seems to be the story of my life - my ulnar nerve was not impinged like the surgeon thought, but was very inflammed. My gallbladder was extremely inflammed so I had it removed. My arm is all inflammed from RSD. My eye is always inflammed from dry eye. I think this inflammation is making me sick so I tried to figure out where to start with some anti-inflammation changes and I implemented them first thing this morning. Already I am missing my sugarless gum I chaw on and the large quantities of coffee. I just hope this helps calm my system down. I was eating a lot more chocolate than I realized. It seems so innocuous.
I am so glad you took the information with you and he looked it over before doing any procedure. *phew* I totally understand your fear of it spreading as it did in my case. Taking care of yourself is one step you can take, another is learning to take at least 10-15 minutes out of your day to just sit in silence and concentrate on nothing but your breathing, in through your nose and out through your mouth, slow and deep breaths. It makes a HUGE difference in the calming of your Sympathetic Nerve and keeps you feeling relaxed as well. Give that a try along with your healthy eating, and include some "GOOD" Vitamins for a week and let us know how it goes. Would you do that for us? I am sure we all would be very interested in your results. Do you keep a journal? If not, I would suggest you keep one while doing this trial showing what you ate, your exercise, your relaxation time, etc., I think that would be an awesome documentation of what helped and what didn't, don't you?

Take Excellent Care!!

Love, Peace & Blessings,
Marla
Marla is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote