View Single Post
Old 02-02-2008, 04:14 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Arrow Vital Links + Excellent Article

Yes, Gladys ..

I just read the Wikipedia.org encyclopedia article - link ->
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Complex...tress_disorder

After abosorbing text, check out near the end you will find generalized Sources for the article, "See Also" which is a listing of relevant related topics, References, Footnotes and External Links to other "best sites" on the web. If you are interested in deeper background study, many local libraries operate on an interlibrary loan program where you can request the checkout of books not at your local library, but that are found at other libraries and even Colleges and Universities. All you need is the ISBN number, Author and Title, and working with a librarian to write out the request.

If you know anything about Wikipedia, not only is the entire content entirely free and reproducible anywhere, anytime, in any form.... But articles are also continually changing in minor and major ways. Click on the "Discussion tab" to see a relatively few discussions to explain editings and to seek consensus on major changes. ANYONE can register to become an editor and do everything from correcting grammar and punctuation, to clarifying a sentence or paragraph, to investigating whether a given footnote source is "clinically significant" where it represents a widely researched, well-supported, accepted and/or proven fact.

I suggest using Wiki as your jump off point if you want more information as this article has already been vetted, graded for the quality (at the date of the vetting), and is always being updated, so dead links are removed and biased inappropriate additions deleted.

To see how WikiPedia works, when you are on the Topic/Article page, click on "History" and you can see what I am talking about.

And Gladys, The Borderline Personality Disorder is considered to be the only PD that can be successfully treated (letting sufferers gain substantial interpersonal stability) with medications and various types of therapies. Cognitive therapy is was the first proven effective, but there are others now, even one involving moving the eyes (used in the aftermath of 9/11). Medications include antidepressants, epilepsy medications (to calm panicky agitation) and sometimes the lesser and major tranquilizers. It is best to work with a doctor who is flexible and responsive to your feedback.

There is a school of thought, supported by European "separated at birth twin studies" -(no longer allowed)- that there appears there may be a genetic component of vulnerability to "degree of reaction to stress." It will be some years along before the all this is proven or disproven, but through-out the PDs, there does seem seem a significant genetic component. Not all will develop the same degree of personality characteristics and symptomatic thinking, emotions and behaviors, but you get the idea.

I do, as I said, strongly encourage all who are interested in CPTSD to check out the Wikipedia Encyclopedia article link above. I read it carefully and found it to be, indeed, a significantly good representation of what I have learned from many authoritative sources since early 2000 when that doctor in Dallas first introduced me to the disorder.

OneMoreTime

Last edited by OneMoreTime; 02-02-2008 at 04:21 PM. Reason: 300mg of Lamictal today leads to less accurate typing
"Thanks for this!" says:
GladysD (02-02-2008)