View Single Post
Old 02-02-2008, 06:59 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Putter,

First let me say I'm sorry your wife left. I too have put my health at risk due to finances an inability to pay for medications. Different reasons but same outcome. I feel though that I'm unable to complain though since our finances are in the situation they are because my inability to work. I've tried to get jobs and not tell them about my illness, but I always end up sick and the job finds out and I am let go because I'm an insurance risk. Last job I was only at for 2 months and had to have surgery. Because of the surgery my medical history was checked and of course they don't tell you the real reasons why they let you go. After it's happened enough times you get the real reason even without them telling you. That particular job I knew it was my health because before the surgery they were promoting me to a better division.

I've gone without meds and seeing doctors because we couldn't even afford to pay the co-pays for me. I've got 4 children and to me their needs come before mine. And that includes financially too. I've gone 6 months without taking my thyroid medications already and ended up in the hospital with a heart attack because of it so yeah I would say I let principals affect my health.
DizySara is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
putterfit (02-03-2008)