Thread: 1st Post
View Single Post
Old 02-02-2008, 07:37 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default You can do it!

hi heghog, you are in he position that I was in 5 yrs. ago. I refer to it as the darkest days of my life.
You will get through it, but it will be a rough road for awhile. I know it is very
difficult to think of a day when the pain will cease to be, or be on a much less level.
I was terrified to move, talk, or eat. The lightning strikes were about more than I could bear. Just getting through the next minute, the next hour, the next day
was the hardest thing I have done in my entire life.
My first MVD failed, then came 2 balloon decompression surgerys. They failed also. I was directed to Mayo clinic in Rochester, Minn. I had to lay down all the way.
One of the top neurologists in the world did another surgery where he partially
cut the trigeminal nerve. I was put in the pain unit as the pain was absolutely the worst ever. He took me back to surgery where he severed the trigeminal
nerve completely. I was in Mayo for three weeks. One side of my face is numb
but I now live with a different pain that there is no surgery or meds that will take it away. Anesthesia delorosa, thats the name of it. I would rather have the pain that I have than the pain and lightningstrikes in my face that scared me beyond words. You see I have been to hell and back, but I can eat, talk and smile. I will put you in my prayers and I know you will go down the other side of the mountain.
Truely a believer,
Doodle bug 7
Doodle bug7 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote