View Single Post
Old 02-02-2008, 09:20 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Dear Mike,

Yes, I have had the same issue with my health v. principals. I try to take the high road according to what my heart tells me to do. My brain says to do the other. Kind of like having an angel and devil sitting on either shoulder. I don't have an answer for you and I wish I did. I think each person must do what they decide is right, and that can change over time.

As you know Virginia is a tough state to be in when you are an adult with a need. Call me for some suggestions. For example: Keep all your receipts for everything including over the counter stuff; as Medicaid workers will count it as a legitimate medical expense which may be enough to get you some help. The best avenue we have found is to google low cost {medication name} and the PPA program. I had a doctor who even hit up his drug reps for large pharmacy issue bottles for me. I got 2 months worth of meds for nothing and no paperwork that way once. It is worth a try to ask your doc to speak to his drug reps (they have more leeway than you might think in certain occasions).

Call Sr services and ask for their help in obtaining your meds. Those folks work wonders and dont restrict themselves to just the older folks (in VIrginia).

I say a prayer for you often and will "ramp it up" now while you are in such strife. Remember I am a phonecall away-
jane

Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult!
jprinz99 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
putterfit (02-03-2008)