View Single Post
Old 02-02-2008, 10:13 PM
In Remembrance

15 yr Member
In Remembrance

15 yr Member

ALso, as far as traveling to Denver:

If one has a good work comp attorney and local primary doctor, you can set up the foundation that for diagnosis you need to travel to Denver to get your diagnosis, surgical consult and even surgery - all paid for by work comp. There are people here including myself who had it done this way.

The first steps are getting a good attorney who deals with upper extremity repetitive injuries - you mentioned TTD checks so I'm assuming you've filed a work comp claim -

and we have a list of good TOS docs, Denver is not the only choice. It became the only choice for me because no one was able to diagnose me, I went to 10 or 12 (can't remember now) very good doctors and they all said that it could be TOS they just didn't know for sure. PT was failing. So there are procedures that the doctors can follow in work comp to set a foundation for a person to ask for and get a consult from an expert out of town or out of state.

If someone doesn't have any insurance or work comp, there are charitable organizations such as AngelsWings who, if you post here, will usually answer, or you can do an advanced search.

As for flying to Denver, if you make a post that you need help on flights for Denver there are people here who can PM you on services that are charitable and I believe free.

As for the doctors, if you call to arrange the consult and explain that you are doing it on your cash only, and that you are financially strapped, the doctors in Denver (and the others we've listed) are very compassionate and I know some have charged nothing and others have charged very little. If they know you're flying in and out in one day, you send them all of your medical records (on this injury) ahead of time, and they may say they are going to do an MRI or an EMG while you're there, and that they will seek payment through your work comp only, and they get all of that done while you're there that one day.

So this is how some of us have gotten our diagnoses. And TOS includes all sorts of diagnoses - brachial plexus neuritis, and so on...

I don't know where you live, but the first step would be posting the general area and asking for the top docs in your area, and making sure you have hired a GREAT attorney for what lies ahead. I had to bring 3 hearings to get court orders to get my treatments and needs.

don't give up, keep on trying.

Last edited by tshadow; 02-03-2008 at 07:01 AM. Reason: As for the copied texts below, please see that I finished these later, so some important language has been changed
tshadow is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote