View Single Post
Old 02-02-2008, 11:01 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tshadow View Post
I am confused.

I have TOS. No question. But, I do not have any reaction to the holding your arm in the air thing - I have a pulse when my arm is in the air. I can also do the test where you open and close your hands over and over.

So just because these two tests are reactive, is everyone saying then that the person doesn't have TOS?

I am confused by these postings...is anyone else?
From all I've read, I don't think TOS can be diagnosed without taking into consideration all symptoms and ruling out everything else. Just because you don't have positive reactions to just those two tests, I wouldn't think that would mean a negative diagnosis of TOS, it's the BIG picture that counts. It's also my understanding that TOS encompasses compression in several places and the symptoms would depend on exactly where the compression is and the severity of the compression....ie.....how much of the nerve or blood vessel is being pinched, how long it's been going on, the extent of permanent damage. But then by no means am I doctor and I'm fairly new to all this so that's just my thoughts on the subject.
KLS2007 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Jomar (02-02-2008), tshadow (02-03-2008)