View Single Post
Old 02-02-2008, 11:08 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Smile

I too have been in warm pool therapy for the last two months, my PT is now my friend, while I do my cross country skiing in the deep end with my floatation, ankle flippers and foam dumbbells we have good conversations. She was furious that the rheumie said I had parvo, after that I did my little experiment, over the first weekend of the year I took the lowest dose of my hubbies prednisone, three days worth. The pain in my knees and neck disappeared, that was proof in the pudding, I am sad to say the rheumy now agrees I have sero-negative inflammortory arthritis, enter my own script for prednisone. He also did a more thorough exam and I also have hyper-flexion syndrome, meaning my joints are too flexible, that said I have more going on than I want to have to deal with. I am saddened that I will forever have to deal with things I can no longer do, so I will savor my time in the pool, thirty minutes of no pain three times a week. It feels so good, no burning, locking spine, stiff neck.
Rheumy has written letter for first my hubby then for me that we need hydro-therapy at home, and if we could afford the endless pool we would. I can't commit to that expense when I don't know if I can work a year from now, two years from now.....you all know that feeling. The bright side is that eight years ago when we added on to the house I demanded a jacuzzi until my hubby gave in, guess who used it the most? I use it when the burning in my feet isn't bad and it's heaven but it's a water hog and a real treat for me to clean. These days I have to climb inside to scrub it and I go on a rant when it hasn't been rinsed out by the "user" before me.
I also have script for medical membership to the health club where I take my PT so I can continue after I am released, the biggie there will be forcing myself to go, but my credit union where I work is building right across the street so I am hoping I can spend my lunch hour there. I am great at procrastinating my way through life, my worst habit. Anyone out there that hasn't tried warm pool therapy-GO-you won't regret it, just forget how you look in a bathing suit, we aren't sixteen anymore and God knows most of us don't want to be!
jannaw is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote