View Single Post
Old 10-05-2006, 10:58 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Paula ...

Yeah, I've never been fond of long car trips ... and with PD (particulary while "off") it's not anything I'm looking forward to, for sure.

Of course, I've got some options (Indianapolis is much, much closer) but if things "went wrong" I'd never forgive myself. Luckily, my wife is not letting the 10 - 11 hour car trips deter her.

Dyskinesia - it seems that if there's a hard, immovable structure, my toes/feet/shin bones/knees will search them out to bang up against. At times my bruised-up legs look like they've been used for batting practice.

Mike

Quote:
Originally Posted by paula_w View Post
Mike,

I can certainly appreciate how long it might have taken to post that but I DO appreciate the detail. Many of us are very close to where you are, or there also, and know the clock is ticking. Dystonia and dyskinesia can drive us absolutely insane - I can kick a door and injure myself doing nothing but standing there!

Falling with the microwave ...yikes...we always have to learn it the hard way you know? I've taken a few tumbles myself.

The drive is a big factor, something that most might not think about...that's a looong drive but worth it to feel safe.

You sound like someone who will really benefit from it, and please keep us informed - this decision is going to loom big before many of us one day -maybe soon.

thanks for the openness,
Paula
MikeTTF is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote