View Single Post
Old 02-03-2008, 07:14 AM
In Remembrance

15 yr Member
In Remembrance

15 yr Member

Gosh, I hate to see you drive even a bit.

You know when fiances' back went out many years ago, and I already couldn't drive we knew, we found the greatest, sweetest, retired professional driver by putting out a local ad.

He dressed impeccably like a driver for James Bond. People made a fuss when we went to the airports. Older ladies had to flirt... And he actually became part of the family pretty quickly. My girls shouldn't have, but once in a while they called him to pick them up from a late party to avoid getting me out of bed... (You can do background investigations to include criminal arrests these days for just $150 or so to clear it for your family's safety. I can tell you more about those if you'd like.)

And he drove like butter! You could get limos - he had all of these in contact. But we liked black Towncars, with ice and water.

His charges were very reasonable. Of course, we had to have an extra room for him if overnight, but he never took advantage. Most economical was his preference for us - he knew we were a struggling family.

If you have a retirement community around you, maybe this is the answer.

And guess what he'd done for a living before us? FBI. No joke. He - well, I loved him like an uncle, and sadly, he passed on and no one had told us at the time. Fred. May he rest in peace.

You need a Fred now Linda It's worth every penny, and it's not that much.
tshadow is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote