Thread: Today I.....
View Single Post
Old 10-05-2006, 11:06 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Hi Mark, No. One Killer in women is HD. Not use to be but is now. Why, because many of the doctors do not take women's symptoms seriously.

Emzymes: If a person comes to the hospital with RECENTchest discomfort (within an hour or so) more often than not...Heart Enzymes will be normal. That is why a second set of Enzymes should be taken 4-6 hours later. If these are elevated then usually the Cath team is alerted and Heparin started or another blood clotting med. If one has waited for hours to get to a hospital after having chest pains and it is truly Heart related discomfort, the Enzymes are usually elevated on the first try alerting the doctor that this is not just the start of a possible heart attack but may be in full blown Cardiac Trouble. If the same patient waits for hours before going to the ER room and then Enzymes taken and they are normal, chances are that the second set will be normal also but this second set still needs to be taken. Normally in a patient with two normal enzyme readings and no risk factors, they are sent home after the second set of results. And with risk factors and two normal enzymes the patient may be monitored for 24 hours before being released.

I have been through this both ways. I have it memorized.