View Single Post
Old 10-05-2006, 11:11 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Smile pyrex works with gum-free recipes for me

Hi all!

When I use a brown rice bread recipe with no gums in it, and when I oil the entire pyrex bread loaf baking pans, using olive oil or sesame oil (organic), my home made breads don't stick at all.

When I used Pamela's bread flour mixes (gluten-free), which do contain gums-- even with oiling the pyrex baking pans, there was major sticking of the bread loaves, to the pyrex loaf pans.

I haven't tried a rice-free recipe, so I don't know how this would work, regarding sticking, when being baked in a pyrex baking dish/loaf pan, etc.

I totally avoid all non-stick cookware, because of possible harmful health effects of silicone, teflon cookware, etc., (molecules of these can migrate into the food).

I totally avoid aluminum cookware, aluminum canteens, aluminum cups, because aluminum can and does migrate from the cookware into the food, and aluminum can cause brain damage, including Alzheimer's, etc.

Stainless steel cookie sheets work well, when oiled with olive oil or sesame oil(American made is said to be safer--less bad/heavy metals in American made stainless steel).

Since so many women had awful auto immune problems, from silicone breast implants migrating around, in their bodies, I am suspect, regarding silicone in foods.

In fact, my acupuncturist once told me that many acupuncture needles are coated in silicone (to make needles more slippery--to go into the skin more easily), and I've noticed a few scars, in several places that I had acupuncture needles placed!

Now, I am wondering if regular injection needles might also be coated in silicone, and what bad effect this might have on people.

Carol
http://cantbreathesuspectvcd.com
concerned lady is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote