View Single Post
Old 02-03-2008, 12:30 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Hey Soccormom...Are you the "Soccormom" from the MS forum???

Anyway...

Friday night we went to dinner to celebrate my husband's 4 year anniversary of his TBI (traumatic brain injury). The injury was bad enough to leave him in an amnesia state for three weeks, in the hospital for ~5 weeks, and in rehab. for another 3 months.

We were told that 90% of the healing happens in the first two years. After that, there certainly can be healing, but it happens at an extremely slow rate.

I believe that headaches are extremely normal after a head injury (knock on wood, my husband never had to deal with them) and while I don't think there is anything that can "cure" them, I would think that there must be some kind of drug to help manage the pain when you get them.

Best of luck with the rest of your recovery.

P.S. Originally the doctor in charge of my husband's case predicted that worstcase, he would end up in a nursing home - best case he would be at home, but wheelchairbound and not be able to be left alone.

In actuality, he goes to work everyday (he's a mechanical engineer), skis, runs, skates and bikerides on weekends. Yes, there are definate personality changes, but he is close to where he was before the accident.
Feb./Dec. 2004 - Optic Neuritis
Dec. 17,2004 - Diagnosed RRMS
Feb. 9, 2005 - First Rebif injection
Mar. 7, 2006 - "Copaxonator"
------------------------------------------
Victorya is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote