View Single Post
Old 10-05-2006, 11:21 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default My thyroid experience

Thanks for bringing up this topic! I've suspected for years that I have a thyroid problem, I did alot of research & asked for a COMPLETE thyroid panel test....no such luck! First doc said it was too expensive & not necessary so she only ordered TSH which came back "normal". Next doctor did agree to order the T3 & T4, also was told "normal". Just had some blood tests taken & the doc ordered the TSH,again normal.

I've gained over 30# the past few years. My hair clogs the drain when I take a shower,I have swollen glands under my chin so guess it's not the right gland (only one doc has ever bothered to "feel" my throat).My mother went undiagnosed with thyroid to the point where she nearly died!

My research has shown there isn't any herb/whatever to take for this, so I was pleased to see Selenium just now cause I do happen to take that.

I was doing some research on BP meds, Lisinopril, discovered a wonderful site discussing the side effects. Hair loss & weight gain were a common complaint! I've been on this stuff the past 8 years,have recently cut down from 40mg to 10 & using low-sodium diet. Also cut out the diuretic I'd been on for years. I take Sarsparilla for Lyme & discovered it's also a diuretic so I'm pleased to say I'm not having leg/ankle edema anymore.

I'm also eating granola with flax seed & sometimes flax bread.

My fatique is to the point where I can't even walk the stairs to bathe some days, if I stick to my B vits it really,really helps me.

If anyone else is on this BP med I'll be happy to provide the link I discovered-it was really interesting to me cause NO doctor has ever indicated any side effects that might be causing me grief!! My housemate takes 60mg of this stuff ++++ 2 more high BP meds & all he does is sleep all day!

Later,Buttons
Buttons is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote