View Single Post
Old 02-03-2008, 03:53 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Victorya

Thank you for the feed back on Neurofeedback this maybe part of the solution to retraining the brain. Still in the research stage and going through the learning curve on the treatment and therapy for people with TBI/PCS.

It looks to me that the neurofeedback works on two plains in real time, audio and visual and by dis engages the amygdala [ the fear and flight response] the brain can reset the brain waves to their correct frequency.

I'm looking at this as one element of the re training program and see this as a long term rebuiding process as the whole person needs to be treated, body, mind and sprite to rebalance and rejuvenate the brain cells and re create new path ways for the neurotransmitters to communicate.

I'm also researching Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy as this is a way to get more oxygen into the blood system and the brain. Oxygen is one of the healing elements of the body/mind.

Message Therapy is also part of my long term treatment as this is a natural detoxifier to the nerve damage in the muscle tissue, hypertension, head aches and managing stress.

Brain food supplements of Brewers Yeast and Flex Seed Oil have been beneficial to my rejuvenation and healing process as well as light exercise

TBI/PCS are no fun to deal with at any age and I'm encouraged that your husband experienced some positive results from Neurofeedback.

Thank you Jeffn
jeffn is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote