View Single Post
Old 02-03-2008, 07:30 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

"One minute the body may tolerate very well something like the foam roller and another minute it may not."

I DON'T KNOW ABOUT EVERYONE ELSE BUT IN MY CASE MY BODY IS CONSISTENT IN WHAT IT TOLERATES ON A DAY TO DAY BASIS. WHAT HURTS TODAY TO DO HURT YESTERDAY AND THE DAY BEFORE AND SO ON.

"And sometimes trying requires a LOT of effort (time/patience)."

ONCE AGAIN I'M JUST SPEAKING FOR MYSELF BUT IT ISN'T ABOUT TIME & PATIENCE, THE ISSUE IS PAIN.

" But I do NOT like reading posts that say "don't do X" As you all say...EACH of us is different....Neither of us KNOW the person posting and THEIR particular and unique situation"

TRUE, BUT I THINK A LOT OF US HAVE BEEN THROUGH SIMILAR ATTEMPTS AT THERAPIES WITH BAD RESULTS FROM THE SAME EXERCISES. WE ALL NEED TO REMEMBER THAT WE ARE ALL DIFFERENT AND ARE AT DIFFERENT STAGES OF THE DISEASE PROCESS AND HAVE DIFFERENT LIMITS. BY THE SAME TOKEN, WE SHOULDN'T JUST RUSH OUT AND TRY EVERYTHING THAT SOMEONE HAS CLAIMED WORKED FOR THEM. WE DEFINITELY DON'T WANT ANYONE HURTING THEMSELVES ANYMORE THAN THEY ALREADY ARE!!!

"The body becomes used to this position and in time compresses everything in the vicinity. Open the area up...reverse the compression...pull the shoulders back and KEEP them held back and voila...less/no compression!"

AFTER READING WLADISLAW ELLIS MD'S ARTICLE ON TOS, IT APPEARS TO BE A LOT MORE COMPLICATED THAN JUST OPENING UP THE AREA OF COMPRESSION. I SUGGEST READING IT, IT HAS SOME EXCELLENT INFORMATION ON THE SUBJECT.

"The PT has even named a maneuver after me because of something I found that helped me that she agreed would help others "get it."

WHAT IS THIS MANUEVER???
KLS2007 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Jomar (02-03-2008), trixlynn (02-05-2008), tshadow (02-03-2008)