View Single Post
Old 08-22-2006, 11:17 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

I've missed lurking over here. We took our first GF vacation in July, and BrainTalk crashed sometime while we were away. We had a mini-family reunion in Colorado. It was the one thing I was worried about when we started the GF diet. I bought a toaster oven for the trip (never owned one before, so I didn't feel guilty about throwing an old one away). I made bread mix so that we could have sandwiches. Of course, I forgot to actually *bring* the mix. Fortunately, one of our hotel stops was on the trendy side of town and we were able to buy the various flours I needed. Anyway, things went very well, although I did get tired of peanut butter sandwiches for lunch.

When we returned from our trip, Tom started summer school. (He missed the first week and a half, due to our trip.) I saw his teacher's aide from preschool. She told me her 4 year old dog was not doing well, with a swollen abdomen. Her dog had surgery that week. I sent her to DogtorJ's site. She seemed very interested. Maybe I'll have an update for you next year at this time.

After 4 months I finally received my "Garden of Eating" cookbook from Amazon. I have been enjoying it, as I try to cut back on some of the grains we are eating and branch out in our fruit and vegetables choices. The girls actually shocked me the other day by arguing over who got to eat the last of the leftover squash! (I've been cooking double for supper, so that we have plenty of leftovers for lunch. There was no need to argue, as there was plenty to eat.)
Mom to Samantha (10), Claire (9), and Tom (7). Tom is developmentally delayed with poor vision, lousy fine motor skills and epilepsy. His seizures are pretty well controlled through diet - dairy-free, gluten-free, rice-free, and coconut-free.
RathyKay is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote