View Single Post
Old 02-03-2008, 09:06 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

In general, although we may suggest or recommend home treatments, meds, types of therapy, courses of treatment and the like, other than the ice paks and epsom salts bath type of remedies posters are reminded to check with their Dr's or PT's about what is best in THEIR individual situation.

Many TOSer's can turn their condition around if caught EARLY enough - that is the key! And that time frame probably differs from person to person, depending on type, cause and severity of TOS, and certainly the length of time it takes from onset to dx and treatment. Inappropriate PT can and often does make TOS worse, and what is appropriate for one may be disastrous for another. It is VERY important to find a trained Dr, PT, chiropractor, massage therapist or other medical professional who is knowlegeable about TOS and has experience with it.

It's good to hear you are having success with re-training your posture. Your methods sound much like the Edgelow technique - is this what your PT is using? Many have had good results using his technique, although it does take patience and effort, you are right!

Why not simply share your story about the progress you've made since starting this approach? There's no need to make others feel as if they haven't tried hard enough - that's up to the individual to decide, and most here have been through the gamut of therapies and treatments, believe me. And many TOSer's (myself included) will have serious difficulty ever rebuilding muscle strength, due to hypermobility - lax tendons and ligaments, plus sick or damaged nerves don't make for a good prognosis.

People tend to get their backs up when told what they should do, or should have done - but if you share what WORKED for you, you're bound to have more willing listeners - and at least a few interested in finding out more.

Just my thoughts. Peace,
beth
beth is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Jomar (02-03-2008), KLS2007 (02-05-2008), trixlynn (02-05-2008), tshadow (02-03-2008)