View Single Post
Old 02-03-2008, 11:33 PM
-

15 yr Member
-

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo55 View Post
Hmm, I'm thinking must be some sort of semi isometric motion of "squishing" the hackie sack that works some certain rib or lower traps/lats muscles.
I'll have to look at one of our anatomy charts.
Bottom line...it's out of context. For someone who might not be anatomically "ready" for the maneuver, it may and probably is premature. Again, I'm not a PT and do not know WHEN a person might be "ready" for this particular maneuver hence my reluctance to outline it here.

By all means people should get familiar with their body to see what it may need. Hence...listen to your body. Get out a "Henry" and push him around and see what might help you.

I glanced at the one article recommended. Every article I've read has similar concepts...the main..."decompression" whether through PT, or surgery. Opening up the TO is, IMHO, a decompression...at least strengthening my back allowed my nerves to be decompressed such that I'm not in the pain I was once it. Do I still have flare ups? Yeah...but not as frequently and not as intense and usually when I do I know why. I also know I must keep up the work for the rest of my life.
humorme is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote