View Single Post
Old 02-04-2008, 06:04 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

You've been given great advice about protocols for preventing problems with dentistry. Pre-emptive analgesia followed by post analgesia has been recommend and it does work for me. This is what my dentist does. He uses cream, followed by a non adrenaline (very important) injection. Then another injection at completion of the procedure which should be kept as short as possible.

Re the toe. If it is established that the problem is RSD and not something else, mirror therapy could help. Mirror therapy works by retraining the brain. In the case of a toe, you could place a mirror beteen your legs on the floor such that you can only see the good foot/toe and the mirror image of the good toe. You move in such a way that would be painful for the other toe. You do this maybe 10 - 20 times and then stop. You repeat several times a day. A little and often. If at any time more pain is experienced of course you stop. The idea is to retrain the brain that everything is ok, not to experience pain which would be counter productive. If you try it remember to look at the mirror image of the good toe which appears to be the painful toe.

If you are interested in the research then google "mirror therapy for CRPS". or click one the "mirror therapy" tag to the left of my blog.

Hope this helps.

jeisea
http://www.crps-rsd-a-better-life.blogspot.com

ps
Marla I hope to get back to you soon as when things settle here I plan to do a feature on you and your site. If I haven't in 2 weeks I would love you to email me a reminder.
jeisea is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote