View Single Post
Old 10-05-2006, 12:29 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Hi there.

I'd like to respond to your statement: One Mod posted a reply and did not say anything about the post. Another Mod that I contacted in PM did deal with it right away but after the one Mod's post was made. I'm sure those are the facts as far as appearance goes. Let me share a bit about what goes on during this time...from one post to the next.

One moderator did post to the thread out of concern for a member...friend or not...several moderators were concerned about the member. Then action was taken shortly after by, yes, a separate moderator.

Let me take you behind the scenes to show you the work that goes on that you don't see...

Right after the post was made, a discussion between the moderators (in that there is a team) began...immediately after...discussing concerns for the member posting and for the guidelines. After discussion, what felt was the appropriate action was taken. So, I can see that it might look "cut and dried", but actually it's not. The moderators work as a TEAM. Actions are discussed as much as they can be at any given time. This one was discussed.

So, while one might have posted a concern and the other acted, it was all being acted on and shown concern for, by the WHOLE.

Again I will state that I understand there have been going's on in other forums that can make it hard to accept things at face value. I appreciate that. I will also restate that the moderators work as a team as much as possible and this is certainly one time in which they did just that. Time and consistency, with attempting to gain understanding in both explanation and act, are going to allow this community to thrive...on both sides of this issue.

Thanks,

KD

Quote:
Originally Posted by bettertoser View Post
To reply to redjpwranglergirl's post. I agree.

A post was made of sexual nature on the Thoracic outlet site, but it apparently was made by someone else other then the poster. One Mod posted a reply and did not say anything about the post. Another Mod that I contacted in PM did deal with it right away but after the one Mod's post was made.

The issue is that this one Mod is friends with the poster and many are wondering if this is why they said nothing? That is the issue. Also, this post had a subject that is taboo on the forum yet in another thread on Zanaflex sex, & toys are talked about.

Either the Mods do the same for all posts, or no posts. All Mods treat posters the same, friends or not.

Some people who post will never change, that's clear. The new forum started just where the old one left off. Certain ones voicing their opinion but not allowing others to voice theirs among other things.

Maybe we should have a site for Sybil like complexes since many here whether for safety reasons or other issues have many personalities.

From the caterpillar emerged
~Strong in flight, beautiful to the eyes, movement laced with grace~
The butterfly
**KD**
</center>
kimmydawn is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote