View Single Post
Old 02-04-2008, 03:33 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

GJ, I firmly believe this is a symptom of MS, and not depression, anxiety, confusion, or anything else that the neuro may tell you! (Sorry, bit of a sore point for me.)

Typically cognitive problems for me include mixing up letters in words, or substituting one word for another. I was trying to type 'course' earlier and kept typing 'coarse' instead. Or Copaxone - my fingers keep wanting to type Xocapone. I do this when writing, too, but I write so slow that I can catch those mistakes.

As to what it all means... well, I won't give you any false assurances. I've improved since my last flare, and now I only have this problem when I'm having a down day. (More MS symptoms than usual) I still have short-term memory problems, and I do use the wrong word or phrase occasionally.

For memory, it helps to build up routines and double-check yourself. Keep a daytimer handy for important appointments, passwords, account numbers, etc. Then don't lose it! That's the sort of thing you don't want an identity thief to have.
GladysD (02-04-2008)