Thread: Roll Call!!!!!
View Single Post
Old 10-05-2006, 01:02 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Diagnosed with CRPS II, right upper extremity 12/99, after what doctors belived was a gig with repetitive strain and tendonitis of the right thumb and wrist. Shortly after a frozen right shoulder and RSD continued to consume my arm to my shoulder. To date, I have had a spread to the left arm.

I found BT, early, when I logged on to the Repetitive Strain injury board for my mystery pain. It was a very short distance down when my doctors mention RSD. I've been a member of BT since 2000.

Early, 2000, atrophy set in so hard that I had absolutely no movement in my fingers or wrist. I've had so many SGB's and now epidurals I lost count. I consider myself lucky that this form of treatment continues to keep my pain at a tolerable level and I hope limits my spread to other parts of my body. I've also had two 5 day continuous epidurals. This is where I stayed in the hospital for 5 days and the meds were run for the full 5 days. This treatment held me pain free for not only the 5 days but a considerable amount of time after.

I'm truly grateful for BT and to JL. What he provided to me was a place where I met others who knew exactly what my pain experience was. And now to DocJohn and ZS for BT2. Where I think I may stay.

At this point, whether it's BT1 or BT2, I adore my many friends. The knowledge of the group as a whole is abundant. The support is unmeasurable. Their endurance is unforgettable! Their ability to fight this unbearable disease and for the most part keep a smile on my face when I'm down and out...well this is what a friend with RSD is all about.

I thank you all today, tomorrow...and of course...forever.

Aloha, Dana
himomdp is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote