View Single Post
Old 02-04-2008, 05:12 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jensequitur View Post
GJ, I firmly believe this is a symptom of MS, and not depression, anxiety, confusion, or anything else that the neuro may tell you! (Sorry, bit of a sore point for me.)

Typically cognitive problems for me include mixing up letters in words, or substituting one word for another. I was trying to type 'course' earlier and kept typing 'coarse' instead. Or Copaxone - my fingers keep wanting to type Xocapone. I do this when writing, too, but I write so slow that I can catch those mistakes.

As to what it all means... well, I won't give you any false assurances. I've improved since my last flare, and now I only have this problem when I'm having a down day. (More MS symptoms than usual) I still have short-term memory problems, and I do use the wrong word or phrase occasionally.

For memory, it helps to build up routines and double-check yourself. Keep a daytimer handy for important appointments, passwords, account numbers, etc. Then don't lose it! That's the sort of thing you don't want an identity thief to have.
Thanks Jen, I guess being open to 'anything' at this point is what will see me through all this. I don't want to get stuck on one thing any more....and am willing to listen and respond to what the doctor's say; the problem is, do THEY know!!??

Today I made an appointment with a PCP that I saw once. My DH and DD use him all the time. I'm going to bring in my testing for the past 4 months and get him up to speed on everything. See what he has to say

Wisdom to the soul is what health is to the body
sugarboo is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote