View Single Post
Old 10-05-2006, 01:35 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

My op is on 23rd Oct!

I shall find out more about this "spread" thing then. I'm glad that they are doing it - it certainally seems like a great idea to have anything done that they can to reduce complications and increase benefits!

I guess that they have to trigger the pain in order to look at the baselines, it certainally seemed to me as if they expected me to be in pain! I knew that loud noise can trigger my TN - but the right music can lessen pain, but these rapid, loud clicks really did do the business, I was quite shocked at the pain they generated!

Relaxation - breathing exersises mainly - and knowing that it helps! The best breathing exersise for me, is to take deep even breaths, count on each out-breath until you have done 5, then count on each in-breath until you have done 5 and then start again. It's simple but effective. The more you tense into the pain, the worse it gets! But it takes practise and courage to learn to relax - it might be best to get external help, go to a relaxation class or meditation! It's very hard to do on your ownsome

Thanks for your best wishes, I do hope this one works! Teflon removal, the Prof thinks I might have a teflon-induced granuloma, but I also hope that he might find another compression - you never know!

Niki xxx
Fizzbw is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote