View Single Post
Old 02-05-2008, 09:22 AM
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member

Thanks for all of your responses
I came in from work this lunchtime to find Alison in tears due to the pain in her leg - the foot was really badly discoloured so I suggested she lay down and elevate it for a while
Alison was put on 30mg Baclofen daily around the time of diagnosis but was taken off it by her physio at the end of Novemeber as she was worried it was making her too supple and was one of the reasons behind her loss of coordination ???? It never seemed to be doing anything for the spasms but as she was on it the whole time they were visible we had no way of knowing if it was helping or not
Since she has come off it the spasms in the toes are still the same but we now have this new "jerking" to contend with
I am well aware of the usefulness of Baclofen to control such things and it was initially my suggestion that we give the drug a go - Basically because my mum had really bad spasms with MS and eventually needed a Bacofen pump to provide some relief
I am going to get back in touch with the hospital now and let them know what is happening - I have no idea if the spasm and severe discolouration is coincidental or if it is linked to the ingrowing toenail and mild infection she has - either way we need some advice
I will let you know how we go on