Thread: what can I do?
View Single Post
Old 02-05-2008, 12:44 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Unhappy what can I do?

I've had what my doctor says its Meralgia Paresthetica for about 5 years now.
I am pretty sure he is right about what I have, all the symptoms and causes seem to match.
My pain seems to get worse at night, sometimes it starts pretty early, its worst when I wear jeans, some days my life is almost normal and some days I feel like sticking a knife in my leg to see if the pain stops.
I am sure I got this pain from gaining weight, it started as a feeling of pressure on my hip/upper leg and quickly became a sharp pain.
I have tried almost everything, I haven't lost all the weight but have in the past gone way below the weight where the pain started and that didn't seem to help. I have done physical therapy, a doctor had me take ibuprofen twice a day so strong and long that I developed an allergy against it, I've had injections, some sort of ultrasound therapy, taken anti depressants (cymbalta for the past few months up to 120mg a day). I've had xrays, mris, ct scans....
The Cymbalta seemed to help for a while but at the moment it does not seem to be helping much, I've had a lot of pain the past few nights. The doctors always ask me if it affects my sleep and the truth is it doesn't while I am sleeping but it does take me a while to find a position I am comfortable on, specially since the pain is at its worst at night.

So why am I posting this? I don't know, maybe I am looking for ideas, suggestions, sympathy, last hope! you tell me, I am guessing I am not the only one that has been at this point before.

Any comments are welcome, suggestions, anything really at this point.

Thank you for taking the time to read my post.

--Carlos
casolorz is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote