View Single Post
Old 02-05-2008, 02:41 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marla View Post
Hi CZ,

I am so glad the breathing helped. Mine can last anywhere from 1 day to 1-2 weeks, just depends on the weather, my life stress level, and I have had it last up to a month before, but that was before I learned the breathing methods as well as the art of acupressure (not anything like acupuncture....no needles).

There are several places on your body that are pressure points that you can gently place your first two fingers on to help relieve the pain and help relax you. The best place I have found is the outer part of your left hand, where if you were/are left handed, that part that rests on the paper when you write....on the fatty part there, place your fore-finger and your middle finger there and gently apply pressure. I should say before you start this to sit in a comfortable chair or bed, close your eyes, do those same breathing methods as before, then gently apply pressure on the fatty part of your hand, hold it there and concentrate on your breathing and let your body totally relax.

You should feel some nice sensation in the area where the most painful area is, if it isn't as helpful as you need, take your fingers off then and re-apply with a little more pressure and then gently move in small circles until you feel totally relaxed and your pain has eased up enough for you to continue on with your day or to get a good nights sleep.

Give that a try and see how that works for you and let me know.

Much Love, Peace & Many Blessings to You!
Marla

Hi Marla,

You seem to be well versed in pressure point therapy/relaxation techniques etc and have given wonderful advice to people. Was this your occupation before you got CRPS or have you done the study that will help yourself and others?
I notice you have a trade mark of RSD coach and was wondering if you having the disease gave you the impetus to train.
I do so admire anyone who is able to do this, I find that I can't even read a book past the first page
I would so love to further my studies and need lots of advice how to do so when my ability to concentrate has flown out the window.

Cheers Tayla
tayla4me is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote