View Single Post
Old 02-05-2008, 03:23 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default It is simple isn't it? That's why I love it.

Hi CZ,
I am so very glad you had success with that!! It is so simple to do and does make such a big difference. I studied up on lots of different methods of acupuncture and so far have not been let down yet. Thank God!

That is so funny that you had found that spot on your husbands hand but never thought about having him try it on your hand. Crazy what we do for others and don't even think to try for ourselves huh?

"
at first it actually made the pain sharpen in my back.But then it began to relax" Yeah, sometimes it will do that, especially on the first session, and sometimes on the second or third, but it does get better.
"Although there was soreness after- it was the good kind - if you know what I mean." I know exactly what you mean and yes ma'am it is a good kind of soreness, not too bad, just enough to let you know you have released the tension on that area and it is ready to get back to it's natural position. I love it.

"Seriously this helped a lot- why does it help?" It helps because your nerves are what sends the messages to your brain to read and process so if you are calming that nerve and redirecting the sensation or message, the brain reads it differently and ta-da....It is really that simple.

"I will be reading up online about the "acupressure".
There are literally TONS of informational books, videos, cds/dvds, out there to choose from, personally I recommend going to your favorite book store like Hastings, etc., and picking up a chart that shows all the points for "Women", there aren't that many, it is growing, but still limited, or if you don't mind shopping online, here is a link to where you can buy one that is like the one I have.
http://www.stressreliefproducts.com/...ence_chart.htm

"Thank you so much- anything else you have to help would be greatly appreciated- do you have a daily routime? I do have a morning and bedtime routine that takes about 25-30 minutes.
I have an adjustable bed which makes these really easy for me,
but after I do my morning potty call, and before I drink or eat anything, I get comfy in a reclined position, do my breathing exercises (side note: to keep your jaw from tightening up...slightly smile) , and I start with the top of my head; place you two fingers on the very top of your head for about 5 minutes, using the same technique as on the hand. (you might become a bit lightheaded, but it's ok, just concentrate on your breathing), then I move to the forehead; start at the middle (until you learn exactly where the middle is, use a mirror to find it on you), then gently (feather light) run your fingers down your forehead and off the tip of your nose and repeat that minimum of 10 times. Then I do the same on my chin, find the middle, and again use a mirror to find it first, then I do my hand as you did.

"stretching" After all that I very gently stretch my legs as much as possible while still concentrating on my breathing....then I flex my buttocks 10 times, then I take a really deep breath, hold it....and tighten my stomach muscles and arch my back; repeat that at least 6 times (you may have to work up to that), and then I finish it all off with my fingers back on the top of my head and relaxing my body and concentrate on my breathing for at least 5 minutes.

And I do the same routine at night after I have done all the potty calls, lights out etc., and sometimes I will listen to some relaxing music, just depends, but most times I just like the silence.

I know this is a really long post, but that's my daily routine. Give it a try and let me know how it goes. You are also more than welcome to call me, send me a private message and I will give you my number or I will call you, sometimes it is easier to do this if you are doing it while someone else is talking you through what to do, so if you'd like just let me know.

Love, Peace & Blessings,
Marla
Marla is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote