View Single Post
Old 02-05-2008, 03:45 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valese72 View Post
Can TOS eventually cause weakness is your legs if the problem is not treated for many years?

Thank you! I usually participate in the PN forum.

Hi Valese
I think, you should hear a short version of my story. I have had many symptoms for many years. The doctors have talked about Ms and other stuf, but never came to any conklusions on this. I my self found out, i had TOS, and they agreed. Severe vascular TOS on both sides, but worst on the left. "But this can not explain all your symptoms" they said. I got a surgery on the left side with removal of the upper rib, and big part of the scalene muscle.
The next months many of my symptoms began to dissapear, and now i have only few left.
I had weaknes in my legs, fascikulations all over my body, heart skipping beats, schiwering when woke up from sleep, sweating at night,hoarsnes,Restless legs,choking when drinking fluid (or just my own spit) , reflux , stuffy ears and pain and numbnes ear and face. Besides i had the more common symptoms in arms. Some symptoms not mentioned to make the story shorter

Left of the symptoms after surgery was some weak arm-symptoms, RLS, ear symptoms and choking. I think maybe the ear symptoms are still there, because it comes from the problems on the right side, which i have not had surgery on.

You cant know for sure, but i think there is no other good explanation, than the one, that my symptoms was all because of the TOS.

My surgery was 5 years ago, and i have been dealing with this for many years, starting with Raynaulds syndrome (I know now) both feet and hands
Heart skipping beats so much i thought i would die. Then one thing came after the other. There is no understanding from doc or hospital that these things have the same reason, but i am convinced.
The reason i am researching again is, that i am beginning to get more symptoms from the arm and shoulder and i am afraid, the whole thing will get worse again.
milou is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote