View Single Post
Old 02-05-2008, 04:01 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Hi Tayla,

Thank you so much for you compliment, I appreciate it. My occupation prior to RSD/CRPS was at the hospital with the Lawyers, sort of like a Legal Assistant without the title...hahahahaha and had been doing that for 7 years and so loved it.
I have done my own studying on acupressure/pressure point therapy and relaxation techniques out of self preservation, I have always been of the mindset that I own RSD, RSD does NOT own me!!!! So I searched every avenue I possibly could, and I practiced so many different techniques, some good, some bad.

Then I studied with the International Association of Coaching online as well as going to seminars and became the first known
RSD Coach™, which is something I am so very proud of. It took me a year to do it, but I have done it and I continue to learn because as you know, RSD is so different from person to person. But I spend one on one time with my clients for as long as they need me.

And yes ma'am, once I was diagnosed with RSD and found there wasn't much known about how to treat "It" or how to treat the "PERSON" suffering with it, I decided right then and there that I had to do something, so for 3 years I researched numerous options, including acupuncture, and then spent another year studying to become a
RSD Coach™. And now I am starting my own Radio Talk Show, so hopefully the awareness will get out there and make RSD/CRPS as common of household name as bread!! hahaahaha

I have renamed what RSD stands for in my mind....Relief with Self Determination....because that's what it takes to be able to make it through most days and plenty of it.
You need a "Purpose"!! You have to have something that will drive you without having a cheerleader standing beside you egging you on. Know what I mean?
What is your Purpose?

Again, I Thank You so much, I so appreciate your kind words and let me know what kind of studies you are wanting to continue on.

Love, Peace & Blessings,
Marla
Marla is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote