Thread: Thyroid tests
View Single Post
Old 10-05-2006, 03:30 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Hi loisba

Sorry about that.
No I didn't get to see the GOOD dr yet.
Been feeling awful for the last two weeks coming into the third. This was why I started the Dr marry go round again. It started out with over whelming fatigue, then pain in my right shoulder, that moved down my arm, and now, has gradually consumed my whole body. I feel like I've been hit by a truck. The fluey feeling, sick muscles. Numbness in feet and hands. Thick tongue that won't work properly
So I thought I'd skip the middle guy, and go directly to the neuro. Its not my thyroid, or the dr would have called, don't want to waste my time.
So I get to see him next week. I had asked him in March, if it was ok to come to him when I was crashing, knowing that it was inevidiable
I was taking mestinon back in April, and feeling pretty good on it, my stamina was great, able to go up the ladder stairs really good. Then, I was having really bad problems with my stomach. The first of June, I stopped eatting gluten, and felt so much better, but still had the stomach ache, stopped dairey, and soy, and that all went away. July I stopped the mestinon, and I never went back. Today I just took one to see if it would help. I was kinda freaked about taking mestinon, since the neuro who perscribed it, basically left me hanging, was told to ask my dr about it, if I had problems. She's in Vancouver a 4 hrs drive for me, a lot inconvient. My dr didn't understand why the neuro perscribed it to me, when she told her I didn't have MG. The neuro never bothered to write it in her report. I had to show my dr the bottle, she didn't believe me, she reluctantly perscribed more. But then I felt uncomfortable about taking something that maybe could harm me more then do good. Bt went down and well...........here I am today, wondering is this MS, MG, what???? My cousin was just dx'ed last week with MS, so its in the family
She has the same neuro as me. He the one that flattly told me I didn't have MG with out even seeing tests, and MS was a deffinate NO. After all my MRI was completely clear. Problem was my spine has never been MRI'ed.
So rest is all I can do for now, and god willing when I do get to see him, lightning will strike and mircles of all mircles, he will get a brain
Thanks for asking, Patricia

Last edited by turner; 10-05-2006 at 03:39 PM.
turner is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote