Thread: crazy symptoms
View Single Post
Old 02-05-2008, 09:35 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Question crazy symptoms

Hi, I'm Robin and I'm 30 years old. I started having problems about 9 months ago, when I worked at a daycare. I got hand,foot, and mouth(a coxsackie virus). Then I started getting pink eye about every 3 weeks. Then came the joint pain and headaches. My co-workers thought I was just being neurotic. One of them even made fun of me. I went to the ER after a sudden onset of not being able to taste or smell and some difficulty swallowing. Tests, tests, and more tests. They thought it was maybe Lupus, after a few doctor visits to a Rhuematologist and tests he said maybe early stages of the disease. Next came numbness and tingling in my left hand and back and more bouts of no smell/taste and tongue weakness. I also have severe facial pain and electric shock feelings in my eyes. My Rhuemy then sent me to a Neuro doc who said maybe MS, after MRI was negative both doctors decided that I didn't not have lupus or MS, but that I have a problem with overactive nerve endings, possibly caused by that virus I had. My neuro never specifically said PN, so I'm not sure what to say I have. He started me on Lexapro, he says in very low doses it helps to calm those nerve endings.
robink is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote