Thread: Scared
View Single Post
Old 02-05-2008, 09:41 PM
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member
Default Hi and welcome.

I woke up one morning and couldn't get out of bed due to back problems. My Dr. put me in PT and with that and a lot of luck as Daisy said, I didn't have surgery.
My Dr. fought me over it and kept me in PT until he got me walking again.

I will say to though, my husband had back surgery in 73 , he was around 32.and he did great up until he was around 63. I lost him 14 months ago but he was able to do about anything he wanted.

One thing that helped him though and I do believe this is weight. When he had his surgery in 73, there was a heavy set man that was on his 5th one. The Drs said that the weight makes a difference due to weight bearing on the back.

I do good if I don't overdo it which I have lately due to too many people wanting help from me but I have been sleeping on a heating pad and using Lidoderm patches on me. I would end up back in PT if I get down.

When I talk about PT, I don't mean weight lifting and bike riding. I mean good massage therapy and easy exercises.

I do believe it depends on the Dr. doing the surgery also if you needed it. My husband had one of the best at the time and he did good but I would make sure that this is a good reputable Dr. I realize things can happen anyway but we do want to better our chances.

Hope this helps and hope you stick around with us.

Ada
dreambeliever128 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote