View Single Post
Old 10-05-2006, 04:38 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsd View Post
... I have never had success with Lidoderms placed over the perceived pain area, but always have success with interrupting the nerve anatomically....
Thanks, Mrs. D, this is a very helpful tip.

I was actually trying to place it above the part of the breast area that hurt, specifically to interrupt the nerve conduction -- but it never occurred to me to try it on the back.

When I had sciatica, I learned from you and other folks on the board where to place the Lidoderm pads -- again, not at the site of the pain but above, and that certainly worked for me.

BTW my PCP has referred me back to my GYN, and says "it cannot be shingles because you don't have a rash." Well, google tells me otherwise. :sigh:

And all the docs keep telling me it's not cancer!

I never once said I thought it was cancer, I wasn't even concerned about cancer, the word cancer never crossed my lips -- I just wanted to nail down the problem (shingles, infection, milk ducts, whatever) and fix it.

I guess because October is breast cancer awareness month everybody thought I was freaking out, but this pain started in late July or August so I was not influenced by print ads. :sigh: They forget that it often takes me several months to show up at the doc's office with a symptom.

I like the 80/20 principle -- 80% of most things will go away if ignored.

Anyway, back to the point, thanks so much for the tip, I will try it tonight.

“Not everything makes sense. And even if it does you don’t need to know it.” IB Singer
Personally, I want a word with IB Singer.
LittleMischief is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote