View Single Post
Old 02-05-2008, 11:33 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Boy - lots here to read and respond to!

I've been through 4 separate courses of PT. The first was before any surgery was done. It did not relieve my symptoms. The second was after surgery was done. It did not improve my symptoms, except for those caused by surgery. After two months, my symptoms worsened. PT was discontinued and I was sent to pain management. The third time helped slightly, but not enough to continue. I can't even remember why I was sent to the third therapy! But, that one was where I started using the foam roller. (However, I have to be very careful because stretching my arms too far causes symptoms.) The fourth PT was this fall, when my hand started getting numb very frequently and my shoulder hurt more than ever. This PT made everything worse very quickly.

It was at this point that I began considering surgery again. Since that time I have done a ton of research on TOS and pec minor syndrome and have used Sharon Butler's self-care program, as well as making changes in my playing, posture, and scheduling.

For me, the strengthening part of PT caused an increase in symptoms.

Now, I look forward to meeting with Dr. Sanders who will evaluate for TOS and Pec Minor (which he is pretty sure I have) and will also give his opinion on whether the elbow redo is a good idea. Then, I'll decide what to do.

Sue
pianoplayer is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Jomar (02-06-2008), trixlynn (02-06-2008)