View Single Post
Old 02-06-2008, 01:24 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Last summer I found out that Social Security has mistakenly denied me a widow's pension. I receive a letter from them that said they had to determine if I had received SSI so they could deduct the amount from what I was owed. I did not get SSI, so it should have been easy for them to pay me. I waited three months and called the SS office because I had not received any money. I was told to wait another three months and if I did not recieve anything by then, to call them again. I was told there was a backlog so I had to wait.

I wrote a letter to my state representative, and eleven days later, I got my money!

I was so relieved because I had been living with the help of my credit card for years. All this time I had been been below the poverty level. Now I am just poor (Ha Ha).

When you call the SS 800 number it may be a good idea to call again to get another opinion. When I called years ago, I was told I had to wait until I was of retirement age just to get any information about my former (deceased) husband's account. All this time I was entitled to a widow's SS benefit. I struggled needlessly for years. The lady I spoke to on the phone obviously had no idea what she was talking about.

You are so right. If you need help, as someone in a position to get results. Regards, Lil
Diamond Lil is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote