View Single Post
Old 02-06-2008, 05:39 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Well, the surgeon said it couldn't have went better. It took almost 2 hours (surgery time) and I spent one night in the hospital. Woke up in recovery with a hard brace on and a drain tube in. The tube was removed yesterday morning and I am only allowed to remove the hard brace if I am sitting still in my chair, otherwise have to wear it for 10 days while riding, walking and sleeping. Not sure how I injured it and the doc feels like it is likley tied to wrestling, football, rugby and soccer and just crept up on me over time. I woke up in recovery with no pain in my arm, shoulder or neck, although I am tender and sore around the tops of my shoulders and in front of my neck where the cut was made. Cut is about 5" in length and I get the stitches out on the 14th. No problems swallowing and only felt like I had a slight sore throat for a few hours in fact I was back on solid foods for breakfast the next morning. I am very happy with the results so far. Now I plan to relax this week, while working from home off and on and staying ahead of the pain. I did get a little sick feeling in the hospital but I think it was from the morphine drip which I completley wheened myself from by 6:15 Monday nite and started taking 2-5 mg Oxycodone every 3-4 hours instead. The woosiness went away as soon as the morphine wore off.
Draw4u is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Bobbi (02-06-2008)