View Single Post
Old 10-05-2006, 05:09 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Hi Vicky,

I'm not a parent obviously, but I wanted to share my driving test experience. I got my learners permit when I was 15 without any problems. I didn't take drivers ed, but instead did the other option of doing the 50 hours driving log with my dad.

When I was 16 or 17 my mom decided to report me saying I shouldn't be driving because of my TS. To this day I still don't understand why she did that other than she's mentally ill. With my mom a lot of times that's the answer that explains things. I had to go to my doctor and have him do a whole evaluation, special eye doctor testing, retake the both the written and driving test. I swore they chose the hardest written test for me as it had questions about points, as in how many points are taken off for not having a child in a safety seat, etc. The driving test was weird as the usual driving examiner was there, but they had a replacement for him because supposedly he had broken his leg and couldn't examine the driving part. It would have been interesting to go back in the next day and see if that really was the truth. The day they scheduled me for my exam we were having a bad snow storm. I was probably just about the only one that drove that day, but I did it because I was so nervous already and just needed to get it over with. I passed the driving test without any problems and the replacement examiner asked what I was even there for because I'm such a good driver. I just told her I really didn't know.

I haven't gotten any tickets since starting to drive seven years ago. I have been in one accident, but not tic related. It was like my first month I had lived in the city and had to do with a one way street. My tics are mild so they don't interfere. If they were the severe tics I have up until I was about 13, I think I'd be scared to drive.

Good luck to Scott on his driving test.

Carolyn
carolyn_lsc is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote