Old 02-06-2008, 08:01 AM
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by moose53 View Post
I read about this on the Drudge Report a day or two ago.

It's infuriating that they think that human beings should even be doing this kind of work. Aerosolization is one of the most efficient ways of transmitting disease. G-d to think that these poor people were breathing aerosolized pig brains And, who knows what kinds of impacts there will be on these people and their health in the future. If they eat a pork chop, will they have an asthmatic attack or a severe allergic reaction?? Will this be passed on through the reproductive organs to their children??

Man, this makes me so mad

Thanks for highlighting this.

Barb
The way I understand this incident, is that it is similar to the way Diabetes type I develops.

In diabetes, children who inherit the tendency to autoimmune responses, make antibodies to the fragments of cow insulin that appear in dairy products. Then these same antibodies attack the child's own pancreas were similar sequences occur. Diabetes is considered an autoimmune disease.

This reaction to pig brain material is similar. It is inhaled (which is a very allergenic site anyway) and the myelin sequences set off the immune response in the people. This may be more global than with diabetes, because of the inhalation aspect. Also it is similar to the egg/chicken allergies that can develop from flu vaccines.

Whether eating pork will be an issue, probably is not known yet. Like with many medical discoveries, there are often subsets of victims who serve as examples for later.

To absorb things from the GI tract that requires leaky gut, or open Zonulin channels. Some people have these and leak peptides into the blood more easily than others. If these workers do not leak GI wise, then eating pork will most likely not affect them. However, with leaky gut, who knows? Typically nervous tissue is not included with most meats. But using pigs feet or other whole parts of the pig (sausage) may be problematic.

What this episode does show, is the potential for autoimmune issues involving nervous tissue peptides being introduced into humans and resulting in neuropathies. This may be diagnostic in the future for some idiopathic PNers.

Weezie looking at petunias 8.25.2017

These forums are for mutual support and information sharing only. The forums are not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment provided by a qualified health care provider. Always consult your doctor before trying anything you read here.
mrsD is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote