View Single Post
Old 02-06-2008, 08:54 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Heart

((((((Tammy)))))),

Yours is not just 'stress' -- I've got tons of bookmarks about how to relieve stress:

Coping, Inspirational, Personal Growth

Holistic and Healing

-- you've got a HUGE OVERLOAD of grief. I lost my younger Brother to suicide just over 41 years ago. I can't even imagine having to cope with that on top of fibro.

Suicide wreaks a lot of damage on those affected by it -- family, co-workers, fellow students. It took me over 13 years to be able to really FACE my Brother's suicide. That's because I wasn't allowed to grieve by my family. And, I had no support anywhere in my life.

When I finally started to come back, it was due to a fantastic psychiatrist and some other professionals, writing (journal-keeping), talking (a TON of that). I miss my Brother like crazy. Some times, I wish I had him back again. At other times, I realize that he could not cope with living in this realm and I would not be the empathetic, understanding person that I've become if it weren't for such a HUGE, painful loss at such a young age.

I feel for your family. You've got a long road ahead. TALK to each other about 'feelings' A LOT. And most of all -- there is NO BLAME and NO FAULT and NO GUILT that belongs to any of you.

Bless you all. Hugs.

Barb
moose53 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote