View Single Post
Old 02-06-2008, 11:24 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

I've got a whole host of probs in addition to TOS including the throat clearing, hypermobility (which is now affecting various joints), cervical disc and joint disease, fibromyalsia (though not severe), shoulder blade (knifelike) pain, muscle spasms in the upper back, shoulder arm and hand pains, and a lot of head and ear stuff--fullness in the face and jaw area, pain in the jaw, pain that radiates down from the ear, very stuffy ears, extreme pain during and after flying (enough that i hardly ever fly and gave up any multiple flights per day), and plenty of tinnitus.

but for me i found i have a CSF leak that goes into my ear. i'm planning on having that repaired very soon. i was hoping the surgery would clear up many of my ear symptoms but i was told that they are likely to be unrelated. i would like to learn how the ear symptoms are related to TOS before having the surgery.

I also have gum problems. I was told that they were possibly caused from taking so much Neuronitn for so long but I realize that the nerves might be affected from the TOS. Anybody else have gum probs?

The neurologist I saw last week tried to tell me I have carpal tunnel and also elbow tunnel and shoulder probs in addition to or instead of TOS but he isn't very knowledgable about TOS. I'm afraid my list could go on if I am to include everything. I have a real propensity to develop RSIs from doing just about any activity--but I now think that that is due to the hypermobility. My recent PT told me that she believes that the hypermobility helped lead to all of my problems-from neck to TOS and all extremity probs.

Last edited by fern; 02-06-2008 at 01:08 PM.
fern is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
milou (02-06-2008), tshadow (02-07-2008)