Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lady_express_44 View Post
Sounds like a lot of sensory symptoms, as described in this website:

http://www.mult-sclerosis.org/mssymptoms.html

Spinal lesion attacks can take a LONG time to heal from, and I have found them to follow a distinct pattern for me; approx 6 weeks of escalating symptoms, followed by 6 weeks in the recovery stage. Ultimately, I count on about 3 months of major fluctuations, but then several more months (12 - 15) before I know what I have left to deal with from that attack.

Did your October attack follow a similar pattern (6 + 6)?

It sounds like there is new activity, which could be from the same (or a different) lesion. If there was 30 days between the recovery phase and these NEW symptoms, it would be considered a new attack. Sometimes it's hard to tell though, cause those attacks last so long.

I have experienced most of what you described; shock sensations, hypersensitive to touch (it can hurt ), numbness. I am very sensitive to drugs, so I haven't tried anything but Naproxen for the inflammation. Some people find neurontin helpful, and others have resorted to narcotics if it gets too bad.

How long have you been on B and how many attacks have you had while on it? It may be your body isn't favoring that particular drug.

Cherie
Thanks, Cherie. I read the link you posted and it gave me some good information.

The symptoms seem to get better some days and then come back on others. I've gotten to the point of not really worrying about it too much - I just try to keep track of things that are unusual or that I've never experienced before. I hate to blame everything on MS but so far it's been the culprit for most of my symptoms!

I've been under a lot of stress lately so I can only imagine that has attributed to some of my problems.
These forums are for mutual support and information sharing only. The forums are not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment provided by a qualified health care provider. Always consult your doctor before trying anything you read here.
Kitty is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote