View Single Post
Old 02-06-2008, 12:47 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

My name is Stephanie. I was recently diagnosed with RDS, but I am in denial.
I was in a car accident in November. I was going straight through an interesection and the other driver turned left in front of me. He was unlicensed, uninsured and undocumented. Unfortunately, I only had a $15k uninsured motorist policy. My left arm was injured somehow in the accident. I dont remember what exactly happened to my arm, but it turns out that I only sustained soft tissue damage. My left hand has become increasingly more painful. It goes from extreme hot to extreme cold. On bad days, it turns a lovely shade of purple. It is constantly swollen and hurts all the time. I am seeing a neurologist and have been throught physical therapy. I am currently on Gabapentin, Naprosyn and Percocet. I keep thinking it is going to clear up on its own. I keep thinking i will wake up one day and it will be better. I struggle with accepting that RSD is the real problem. The neuro has ordered an MRI to find out if there is damage in my neck/spine. My neuro does not seem to be in any kind of hurry to help with the pain. In fact, he isnt even the one who prescribed the Percocet. I had to get that from my PCP. I guess I am just looking for some answers and explanations. Hopefully, I will find both here.