View Single Post
Old 02-06-2008, 12:51 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Grin Wednesday roll call

Greetings Everyone!

I just discovered this site today and I am sure glad that I did. I have decided to change my relationship with food and to stop using the act of eating as a purely recreational sport! So now I try to have "sensible" meals. I do not refer to what I am doing as "cutting back" or "scaling down" or "smaller portions" because that sends my brain an invitation to fight. So, if I eat a sensible meal, I know exactly what that entails...portion control, intelligent selections, pre-planning (for outings) and attention to food groups. I am a recovering fast food junkie, so I promised myself that I would allow myself two trips to my favorite "pusher" a month, however, I must commit to making sensible selections...NO SUPERSIZING...NO DOLLAR MENU...AND NO FRIED APPLE PIES!

So far it's working. I don't dwell on weight loss either, just being smarter and kinder to myself and focusing on making sensible selections each day and CHOOSING to behave responsibly. At 52, I want to look forward to my 60s in a much healthier, happier state of being. I heard Jamie Lee Curtis say on a talk show that one of things she learned in recovery is that we can do anything we want (or not) and that we must stop saying "I can't do it," instead say "I CHOOSE to do it," or "I CHOOSE not to do it" (that means at this moment, this meal or this juncture). Absolutely true. Don't beat yourself up if you choose to abandon your sensible choices, however, own your choices and be at peace with your decision. Then, get back to forward thinking.

So, I am choosing to commit to ME and invite everyone in this forum to make self-same commitment. I am choosing to gain control. Let's do it!

Peace and Blessings.
robinsonlk is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Alffe (02-06-2008), Dmom3005 (02-06-2008), froglady (02-06-2008)