View Single Post
Old 10-05-2006, 05:49 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Pain Pump? Good Idea?

First off, long time no see. Its been a couple years since ive been around and the pain is been just horrible. Quick History,

Anterior Thorascotomy with strut graft(failed)
Posterior Thorasic 5 level fuseion with own graft with rods and hooks (fused)
Hardware removal(because of muscle damage thats not repairable)
Cervical Fuseion With Plate and screws 3 level.
Rt Shoulder Bone removal and Repair.
Crushed T4
Chiped and bruised Spinal cord in thorasic.

Now, They wanted to do the dorsal stim, but seeing that this isnt usually used in the upper back, I thought about the doctor saying it MIGHT have a 40% chance of working, THEN if the trial even works, they dont know if they can get the paddles in through the scar tissue. So a major surgery would be performed to do this, And the risks of these paddles moveing is too great for me to deal with.

Now my question, Ive been on Hydrocodone(I dont like the heavy stuff) For almost 7 years. The nero i went to see for a second opinion said that a Medication pump would be a good idea. Does anyone here have any thoughts on this? I know theres a slight change of scar tissue build up at the end of the cathader, but how likely is this? and i also know the risk of Memigitis sp? How likely is this also?

Main reason i ask is, Ive been on this Junk so long, My liver must look liks crud, and it makes me feel like crud. The nero said it would take something like 1/300 of a medication to possibly help the pain for me. He gives it a very good chance of working.

ANY suggestions on this would be great. Im seeing yet another doctor fo yet another second opinion on matters concerning my back. because my lower back, the scoliosis is a tad worse, and the 4 discs are getting worse. so in the feuture if i need an MRI, if i get an implant, they wont be able to do one. so im exploring all roads for me right now. I have no leg reflexes and have very bad stabbing and burning pain in right leg and have had numb left leg since first surgery. Im holding out as long as possible on the lower back.

Thanks for any feedback.

Harry
Harryinny is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote