View Single Post
Old 10-05-2006, 05:49 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Hi Ashley,
Welcome to the forum! I started having absence seizures when I was 10 yrs. old and then by the age of 12 I started having complex partial seizures also. I've had epilepsy for 34 yrs. now and I had 2 brain surgeries to help reduce my seizures.
I've seen many neuros. over the yrs. and have been put on many different drugs but nothing helped me because I was drug resistant. I've found seeing an Epileptologist (Dr. specializing in epilepsy) the best move I ever made. I go to a University Hospital where they have an Epilepsy Center with a team of Drs. working together to help people with Epilepsy.
I found out that stress, lack of rest, cold or bad virus triggers sz. for me and also bright flashing lights. One thing you might want to do is get a calendar and write down what time you had a sz. along with a discription fo the sz. also circle when you start and stop your monthly cycle because hormones changing also can cause sz. for some women. One thing I have learned is taking vitamin B12 once a day has reduced my sz. even more.
If you're interested check out these websites for more info.
www.epilepsy.com
http://www.neuropat.dote.hu/neurology.htm
(when the main page comes up click on epilepsy)

Here's wishing you well and May God Bless You!

Sue
Porkette is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote