Old 02-06-2008, 03:21 PM
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Wink Cool!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverlady View Post
My new doctor wants me to start this supplement to cut down on the amount of Ambien I'm having to take in order to sleep thru the pain. I'm willing to try it. She's also stepping up the amount of fish oil I use. She's got me taking one gram three-four times a day. And supplementing that with fish three times a week. She is trying to cut down on the inflammation.

We've also got a place close by that sells grass-fed beef, chicken and turkey. I don't eat lamb but they have it too. I like all of her ideas, but I'm checking everything out first.

Thanks for the info and the websites.
Billye
A progressive doctor...I love it.

This is a good form of tryptophan to try:
This is the one I got:
http://www.iherb.com/ProductDetails....66008506395828

High quality, reasonable price.

Tryptophan is high in most meats, and by manipulating sugar consumption carefully you can drive it into the brain more successfully.
So if you take the tryptophan at night, and have a 100 cal sugar treat, then you may utilize it better.

B6 is also needed to synthesize serotonin. By increasing serotonin levels naturally, you reduce pain perception.

I noticed a big drop in pain levels when I started the light visor. It was a major effect. Light also stimulates serotonin synthesis.

But the last two days of this horrible weather, my feet woke up and really started the old routine (I am spoiled lately that I don't have that anymore!)
So I had to do lidoderms last night, and today I have my big magnets on.
I swear the barometric pressure changes do something to pain levels!
This wasn't just burning...it was a hot nerve from my ankle down thru my arch and big toe.... GAD!! So that is just to show that we remain flexible to the environment and vulnerable to changes!

I hope this new routine helps.

Weezie looking at petunias 8.25.2017

These forums are for mutual support and information sharing only. The forums are not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment provided by a qualified health care provider. Always consult your doctor before trying anything you read here.
mrsD is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote