Thread: crazy symptoms
View Single Post
Old 02-06-2008, 03:38 PM
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Lightbulb I'd suggest

you get tested for herpes zoster. Shingles can activate and not have lesions per se. But it will show titres in the blood if active. Antiviral drugs can then be tried to squelch this after testing.

Did you have elevated immune markers?

If you think this is viral...and it might be, you can try 1 or 2 grams of the amino acid lysine daily. This sometimes puts viruses into remission.
My son is now using this following Mono... he has episodes of mono like symptoms after stressors. And it is really helping him.

The amino acid arginine if high in the diet stimulates old viruses to reactivate.
By increasing lysine, this can throw a damper on the activity.
Here is a food chart showing high arginine containing foods:
http://www.herpes.com/Nutrition.shtml

Loss of smell and taste can be related to zinc deficiency. Are you taking any medications? Some deplete zinc. If you PM me I'll look that up for you.
Low zinc also impairs immune response. And your whole post suggests an impaired reaction to an infectious assault.

Whenever people get these odd/extreme reactions that cannot be easily identified one should consider viruses.

Did you get the flu vaccine that is nasally introduced? This could also be a trigger for face pain.

Weezie looking at petunias 8.25.2017

These forums are for mutual support and information sharing only. The forums are not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment provided by a qualified health care provider. Always consult your doctor before trying anything you read here.
mrsD is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote