View Single Post
Old 10-05-2006, 06:22 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Scs

Hi Beth,

I had a whole post and it disappeared as I was writing it!

The way I've read it on the RSD forum for years is the opposite about moving about post op.

Kind of like if you glue something on a piece of paper and leave it alone it will stay/stick better than if you start swinging the paper around or tugging on it. What your doctor said confuses me.

I had a SCS kit with info and a video and it had the following instructions:
Your doctor may recommend that you restrict your activity for several weeks. During the first six to eight weeks following the surgery, you will need to avoid lifting, bending, and twisting movements. This allows time for scar tissue to form and anchor the lead.
Then after the initial 6 wks it suggests:
Use normal caution with these types of movements after the initial six to eight weeks. Once your incision has healed, the neurostimulator site requires no special care. However, you should talk to your doctor if you perform any excessive or repetitive activities that may damage your neurostimulator or lead.

Whatever you choose, I hope it will give you plenty of pain relief. I'm sure you, like me are tired of all the pills, which probably are making my liver sick, so I've chosen to go the spinal route also. I've talked with so many who have gotten their lives back by being able to walk again, swim, attend social activities .. or just being able to shop or hold a grandchild would be nice.

Is it too much to ask that we have some semblance of a life back? Even if we can't work, it would be nice to drive and not stay at home day after day...or rely on others to do everything for us rather than do it for ourselves & end up in bed the next day ? Independence sounds so good right now.

I really hope it all works out for you....even a year or 5 with pain relief sounds good right now. Maybe 10? wow, I caught myself smiling

Never lose,
Hope
HopeLivesHere is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote